Bureau payroll services have been described as a ‘no frills’ payroll service. It is a low-cost, basic outsourced payroll service, where direct employee queries are usually dealt with by the employer.
This method of outsourcing payroll usually involves a named contact at the client’s premises collating all the required information and then sending it to the payroll provider for processing. Your staff will enter payroll data directly into the payroll service provider’s chosen data capture method and send over in a time period agreed.
Even this service provides multiple benefits such as cost saving, time-saving, and the comfort of being legislatively compliant in the ever-changing world of payroll processing.
However, ‘managed’ or ‘fully managed’ payroll is increasingly seen as the way forward for larger more complex payrolls, where the entire payroll is outsourced to a specialist payroll provider that handles all payroll tasks, associated administration and employee enquiries.
A fully managed payroll service might encompass:
- A dedicated contact for each client
- Bespoke data capture method, aligned to the payroll run type
- Direct management of all queries from employees either by telephone or email
- Dealing with subsequent amendments and data changes
- Processing of new joiners and leavers
- Management of sick pay and maternity pay and other similar benefits
- Production of required HMRC returns / RTI
- Production and publication of all payslips
- Full pension assessment and contribution calculations
- Pension configuration and upload
- Production of multiple bespoke reports
- Production of P45s and P60s
- General payroll advice and support
Smaller and medium sized companies are the most likely to use bureau payroll services, although you may be pleasantly surprised by how cost effective it could be to outsource everything. Talk to our payroll experts at Talk Staff Payroll, we’re happy to talk your through the process and decide what is best option for you.